Lama2 takes inspiration from Markdown. Think of our approach as Markdown for APIs.
In particular, we strive to:
- Delegate subtasks to mature and preferably open tools:
- API Collaboration - git
- API Organization - OS file manager + IDEs
- API Editing - VSCode/IDEs
- API Requests - HTTPie (httpie-go, to be specific)
- Adhere to a continuous language formalization effort from the beginning (learning from Markdown history)
- Keep language syntax simple; don't sacrifice readability for tiny functionality gains.
- Invest into good documentation; however, ensure users can perform competently without referencing documentation as much as possible.
- Keep components decoupled